Monday, February 1, 2010

Do you need an adjustment?

Some days the waiting is hard and it's easy to feel sorry for myself and ask God "why?" I think things like "God, wouldn't Evan be better off at home right now with his family? Why does this take so long? Can't you make it go faster?" So the other day at my Bible Study our leader asked the question "are you in a difficult period of waiting right now?" and my first thought was "YES!! ABSOLUTELY!!" Hear "poor me". Then I heard God's still small voice say to me "really? Is that how you see this? Because I see it as your opportunity to be part of a wonderful work I am doing in this world--maybe you should see it as the PRIVILEGE it is." Wow! It is up to me how I view this. God could have given this opportunity to another family and we would have missed out on the blessing and the privilege to raise Evan, to experience another culture, to see God move, to be His hands and feet...etc. There are so many things to be thankful for and I just need a reminder every now and then that this isn't "torture", this is PRIVILEGE! Do you need a "perspective adjustment" today?

My new favorite quote:

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Wouldn't I?