Sunday, June 19, 2011

True Beauty Devotion

This is a quick devotion I put together for my daughters and I to do over breakfast that I adapted from a chapter in the book "Five Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter" by Vicki Courtney.

  1. What does it mean to be beautiful? or What does the world say is beautiful? (I usually ask my youngest first and move up to the oldest.)
  2. Read 1 Timothy 4:8
  3. What is God's attitude toward physical exercise? Toward godliness?
  4. What can we do to be spiritually "healthy"?
  5. Which is more important to you, physical health or spiritual health? Why?
  6. Talk about exercise for health benefits, staying fit in order to have energy and good health to serve your family and your God!
  7. Read 1 Samuel 16:6-7
  8. What did God tell Samuel not to look at?
  9. By what standard does God judge beauty?
  10. Talk about the things we do to make our outer self beautiful vs. the things we do to make our inner selves beautiful.
  11. Which do we spend more time on? Why?
  12. Read Psalm 139:14
  13. Watch Dove Evolution You Tube video and discuss the images the media show us and how they are altered. http://youtu.be/iYhCn0jf46U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Wouldn't I?