Friday, January 15, 2010

Revising my lingo...


My friend left her little boy here for us to watch the other day and it was so neat to have a little man in the house--a little sneak peek of what is to come!! I had to keep correcting myself because I am so used to the female terms of affection like "sissy", or the group call "ladies". So I am trying to come up with a list of male nicknames. Here's what I have so far...
  • Buddy
  • Son
  • Bubba
  • Bubby
  • Champ
  • Slugger
I also need to start transitioning into terms like "the kids" rather than "the girls", or "ladies and gentleman" instead of simply "ladies". :) So much to think about! Please respond with your favorite boy terms so I can increase my repertoire. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up.....we like scooter, bunky, big boy, best boy, and Nick has always been partial to "son"...we use it alot since he was older when adopted, we wanted him to really hear it and feel it! You will find that their "boyish" personality will bring out funny nicknames that only time will tell....ours are kazmanian devil and stinkertoots as well as stinky pete mcgillicutty....boys will bring with them lots of noises and smells all new to your estrogen strong home! :)

    ReplyDelete

Why Wouldn't I?