- What does it mean to be beautiful? or What does the world say is beautiful? (I usually ask my youngest first and move up to the oldest.)
- Read 1 Timothy 4:8
- What is God's attitude toward physical exercise? Toward godliness?
- What can we do to be spiritually "healthy"?
- Which is more important to you, physical health or spiritual health? Why?
- Talk about exercise for health benefits, staying fit in order to have energy and good health to serve your family and your God!
- Read 1 Samuel 16:6-7
- What did God tell Samuel not to look at?
- By what standard does God judge beauty?
- Talk about the things we do to make our outer self beautiful vs. the things we do to make our inner selves beautiful.
- Which do we spend more time on? Why?
- Read Psalm 139:14
- Watch Dove Evolution You Tube video and discuss the images the media show us and how they are altered. http://youtu.be/iYhCn0jf46U
Sunday, June 19, 2011
This is a quick devotion I put together for my daughters and I to do over breakfast that I adapted from a chapter in the book "Five Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter" by Vicki Courtney.